Before you arrive at Queen Mary
To help you prepare for life at Queen Mary – whether you are joining us on campus in September or online we've put together everything you'll need to know and we look forwarding to welcoming you when you arrive!
Before you arrive
- Starting university is a really exciting yet overwhelming time and it’s important to know what to expect and who you can talk to at Queen Mary so check out the Student Minds Know Before You Go Guide.
- Are you self-funded, sponsored or taking out a Student Finance loan? Whichever it is, make sure your payment is arranged as an invoice will be sent after you enrol.
- Whether you want to meet new people in halls or flat share with friends, find out about support and information here.
- Full information on how to complete Online Enrolment will be sent to the email address provided to us during the admissions process.
- If you’re moving to London for the first time make sure you’re registered with a GP, if you’re an international student be sure to take out a healthcare plan.
- Follow us on social media @officialqmul and join the Official 2020-21 Queen Mary Freshers Facebook group.
Check your email
We’ll be sending you loads of helpful and important information before you arrive like:
- Your Queen Mary IT account details
- Information from your academic department
- Pre-arrival emails from the Internal Engagement team, to help you join Queen Mary.
So keep an eye on your inbox!
- Read Next
- Know the answer? You could represent Queen Mary on University Challenge Black History Month: A conversation on mental health Oktoberfest - Griff Inn Oktoberfest - Drapers Green Mary meeting Canal clean-up volunteering Bungee trampolining Campus biodiversity volunteering What to do if someone presents COVID-19 symptoms Spending Halloween in halls
- Keeping your bathroom and kitchen clean Our halls guest policy Contacting Security What to do if someone presents COVID-19 symptoms Your guide to Dawson Hall Student Minds: Student Space Campus biodiversity volunteering Bungee trampolining 6 super simple recipes for new students Canal clean-up volunteering