Connecting to WiFi when you arrive
We want you to feel right at home when you arrive, whether that's FaceTiming your friends to show them your new room, or settling back into your favourite Netflix boxset...you're going to need WiFi!
There is a temporary WiFi service set up in Halls, details below;
WIRELESS NAME: QM-halls-pre-enrolment
EXPIRES: Wednesday 30th September 2020
Please note this is a limited wireless service only offered to students staying in Halls who have not received or who have forgotten their Queen Mary account details.
You should have received an email from IT Services with your Queen
Mary account details, including your username and password. You
need these to access IT services at Queen Mary, including the
‘eduroam’ Wi-Fi network.
For more information, go to:www.its.qmul.ac.uk/services/students/wifi
Connecting to the eduroam Wi-Fi network with your Queen Mary account
You need your Queen Mary username (followed by @qmul.ac.uk) and password to access Queen Mary’s ‘eduroam’ Wi-Fi network and wired connections in rooms.
When connecting to eduroam, your Wi-Fi username is your Queen Mary
username followed by @qmul.ac.uk
Note: To configure your device for eduroam in the most secure manner, please
use the eduroam Configuration Assistance Tool (CAT) where possible
The Wi-Fi network is called ‘eduroam’
- Select ‘eduroam’ from the list of available Wi-Fi networks
- Enter your username i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your password
Wired connection in your room
Connect your device to the network wall socket and launch a web browser. You will be taken to a webpage to sign in with your Queen Mary username and password. Please keep your browser window open to stay connected.
Please remember the following when accessing the network in Halls:
- If you have your own printer you will not be able to print over Wi-Fi. You must connect it via a cable or use Bluetooth
- You must not set up your own Wi-Fi network
- You can use services such as MS Teams and streaming services
- Downloading or sharing copyright material, or accessing inappropriate material, will lead to the loss of computing privileges and possible disciplinary action
- Read Next
- Contact Us France House residents: Removal of Santander Social distancing guidelines at Queen Mary Join our LIVE event! Claim your Residents' Rewards Card Your guide to Floyer House Your guide to Dawson Hall Monday's Calling Music Quiz Togetherall - You're not alone Stay up to date with the app!
- Keeping your bathroom and kitchen clean Our halls guest policy Contacting Security Your guide to Dawson Hall 6 super simple recipes for new students Tips on staying safe around London Monday's Calling Music Quiz Breaking the ice with your new flatmates Your pre-arrival checklist Exploring Mile End