Health and Wellbeing
COVID-19: Living Safely
The safety and security of all residents in QM halls is at the heart of what we do and now more than ever, we're putting lots of measures in place so you feel safe in your new home.
Here are just some of the things we have done in preparation for your arrival:
- Hand sanitiser in the entrance of all buildings
- Increased level of cleaning in your flats
- Signposting to help social distancing measures
- Protective screens at reception
- Online meetings, as an option, will be available with the Residential Support Team
How will I interact with my new flatmates?
You and your flatmates will form a “household”, this is in line with the UK government guidance around safe social interactions. We have updated Queen Mary’s Halls’ policies and procedures to reflect this, including our Guest Policy.
Even though you and your flatmates are part of the same household, in communal areas you are now required to wear a face-covering when you are in the same room as others. Once you leave your flat you might need a face covering, so keep yours with you when you go out if you can.
Do I have to self-isolate?
If you are arriving from abroad from a destination that requires a 14-day self-isolation period, you can self-isolate in your room as long as you are symptom-free. We will contact you in advance of your arrival to put the appropriate support arrangements in place.
A notice will be put on the bedroom door of any student who is self-isolating without symptoms in their allocated accommodation. These residents will also be given specific time slots when they alone will be able to use the communal kitchens. This information will be communicated to all residents living in the flat.
What do I do if I have COVID-19 symptoms?
We have a separate provision in place if you are experiencing symptoms, away from your allocated accommodation. Please contact us immediately if you suspect that you may have COVID-19.
- Read Next
- Contact Us France House residents: Removal of Santander Social distancing guidelines at Queen Mary Join our LIVE event! Claim your Residents' Rewards Card Your guide to Floyer House Your guide to Dawson Hall Monday's Calling Music Quiz Togetherall - You're not alone Stay up to date with the app!
- Keeping your bathroom and kitchen clean Our halls guest policy Contacting Security Your guide to Dawson Hall 6 super simple recipes for new students Tips on staying safe around London Monday's Calling Music Quiz Breaking the ice with your new flatmates Your pre-arrival checklist Exploring Mile End