Have you completed the 2021 census?
If you haven't completed your census yet then don't worry, you still have time!
The census is a survey that takes place every 10 years across the United Kingdom to give a clear idea of how many people and households there are in the UK.
Even if you were at home and were included in your home census, you should still complete the census for your term-time address.
If you are having trouble completing the census either online or by post, watch the video below or check out our article here.
Why should you complete it?
As well as giving the government, local authorities and charities information about the population, the census also gives you a voice, here's how...
- You count! By filling out the survey you are giving a detailed account of who you are and what services you need so the government can act on this and help YOU and people that are in the same boat as you.
- It matters for your future! The next one won't be for another 10 years so this is a chance to express what's close to your heart e.g better energy-efficient public transport or a requirement for more youth clubs in your area.
- Without the census, it would be difficult to fairly allocate funding locally. Therefore the census makes it easier to help to plan and fund services that you and your community need such as transport, education and healthcare.
- Businesses can use the information to decide where to set up or relocate, creating jobs.
- The census has been going for over 200 years, making it easier to link up family trees and find out who your ancestors were.
Please note that completing the census is a legal requirement and failure to complete it or supplying false information could result in a £1000 fine.
If you have any questions please contact the Census 2021 team.
- Read Next
- Introducing...Alice Nicholas Introducing...Richard Gardner Introducing...Peter Walsh Support Friends of the Royal London Hospital Introducing...David Rampton Policies and Procedures Eid photo competition! Eid Al-Fitr Transforming mental health services for young adults Treat Drops - coming to an inbox near you soon!
- Your guide to Floyer House Cooking, with cereal? Starting university as an LGBTQ+ student Bloggers & Vloggers Wanted! Collect your Residents' Rewards Card Contacting Security Our halls guest policy Keeping your bathroom and kitchen clean Introducing...Alice Nicholas Introducing...Richard Gardner