Health and Wellbeing
Running tips around campus
Keeping fit is one of the most important ways of staying healthy and happy.
With indoor sports facilities closed and restrictions imposed on outdoor group exercising, running seems to be the best option to stay in shape. We are really spoilt for choice with outside areas to exercise around our campuses, so here are some of the closest and most scenic running routes in our area:
- Mile End Park 5K circuit following the Mile End Park Run Route (Park Run events are suspended until further notice but the route in the park remains open for anyone who needs a 5 km measured course)
- Regents Canal Towpath, a quiet and quirky route connecting Limehouse Basin in Docklands with Little Venice and running along our Mile End Campus
- Victoria Park, the People’s Park with its 4.5 km lap, a running cinder track on the west side, a quiet short loop in nearby Well Street Common and an open-air gym on Wennington Green.
Please remember when exercising outdoors:
- Avoid running after dark and always wear reflective clothing
- Stay alert to your surroundings
- Do not wear headphones
- Let someone know where you are going (this can be your flatmate!)
- Run with a partner (this can be your flatmate too!)
- Do not run too close to others, maintain social distancing measures
- Keep focused on your run, ignore anyone calling out to you but shout if you feel uncomfortable to attract attention.
Stay safe and have fun!
This post was written by the Queen Mary Security Team.
- Read Next
- Introducing...Alice Nicholas Introducing...Richard Gardner Introducing...Peter Walsh Support Friends of the Royal London Hospital Introducing...David Rampton Policies and Procedures Eid photo competition! Eid Al-Fitr Transforming mental health services for young adults Treat Drops - coming to an inbox near you soon!
- Your guide to Floyer House Cooking, with cereal? Starting university as an LGBTQ+ student Bloggers & Vloggers Wanted! Collect your Residents' Rewards Card Contacting Security Our halls guest policy Keeping your bathroom and kitchen clean Introducing...Alice Nicholas Introducing...Richard Gardner