Health and Wellbeing
Social distancing guidelines at Queen Mary
We would like to welcome you once again to Queen Mary, and hope you have settled in comfortably so far!
Whilst you are with us it is important that we all stick to the social distancing guidelines we have put in place to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
With that being said, we would like to remind you of the guidelines and policies that we have here at Queen Mary;
- When you moved into Queen Mary Halls, you formed a 'household' with the other residents in your flat.
This means that your household (all residents in your flat) will be required to self-isolate for a period of 14 days if anyone in your flat develops symptoms of COVID-19.
Further guidance on self-isolation and what to do if you develop symptoms will be sent to all residents within the next few days.
- You must wear a mask in all indoor communal spaces - this includes indoor areas outside of your room.
- You must maintain a distance of 2-metres from others wherever possible. If you are wearing a mask, you can maintain a distance of 1-metre plus.
- Ensure that you observe the QM Halls Guest Policy for 2020. This can be found on the front of your flat door. A guest is any individual who does not live in your flat, this includes residents from other flats in the same building.
- Gatherings of more than 6 individuals are strictly prohibited both inside and outside of buildings across all of our campuses.
There have been instances where these have been broken and residents who fail to stick to these guidelines may face disciplinary action.
We have so many exciting events coming up that are the perfect opportunities to meet other Queen Mary students whilst adhering to the social distance guidelines, check them out here.
If you need any more information on social distancing please visit the UK Government website.
Should you have any queries relating to COVID-19, or for anything else related to your time in Queen Mary Halls, please do not hesitate to contact The Residence Reception Team at email@example.com
- Read Next
- Contact Us France House residents: Removal of Santander Social distancing guidelines at Queen Mary Join our LIVE event! Claim your Residents' Rewards Card Your guide to Floyer House Your guide to Dawson Hall Monday's Calling Music Quiz Togetherall - You're not alone Stay up to date with the app!
- Keeping your bathroom and kitchen clean Our halls guest policy Contacting Security Your guide to Dawson Hall 6 super simple recipes for new students Tips on staying safe around London Monday's Calling Music Quiz Breaking the ice with your new flatmates Your pre-arrival checklist Exploring Mile End