Your pre-arrival checklist
If you're coming to uni in September, your first task when you arrive will be to unpack...
And if you don't have everything you need, it's only going to make life much more difficult.
Therefore, we've come up with a checklist of stuff you're going to need when living in halls.
Here's a list of everything you need:
- Duvet, duvet covers
- Pillows, pillowcases
- Bed sheets, mattress cover
- Comfortable clothing for lectures or just lounging around, e.g. the three J’s: jumpers, jeans, joggers.
- A selection of clothes suitable for different weather conditions
- Fancier outfits that you may wear out for an event
- Pyjamas/dressing gown
- Wash bag, especially if you’re sharing a bathroom
- Soap/shower gel
- Face wash and moisturiser
- Razors/shaving foam
- Bedroom lamp
- Phone and phone charger
- Laptop and laptop charger
- Washing up liquid
- Rubber gloves
- Food (bring some essentials for the first few days)
- Towels (hand and body)
- Toilet roll/toilet brush
- Toilet bleach/antibacterial spray
- Laundry basket
- Stationery/notebooks/folders (something you'll definitely need if your lectures are all online)
Now that you've got a list of things you need to buy to make your new flat a functional home, it's time to get shopping!
Don't forget that you can print this out or screenshot it to use it as a shopping list!
- Read Next
- Know the answer? You could represent Queen Mary on University Challenge Black History Month: A conversation on mental health Oktoberfest - Griff Inn Oktoberfest - Drapers Green Mary meeting Canal clean-up volunteering Bungee trampolining Campus biodiversity volunteering What to do if someone presents COVID-19 symptoms Spending Halloween in halls
- Keeping your bathroom and kitchen clean Our halls guest policy Contacting Security What to do if someone presents COVID-19 symptoms Your guide to Dawson Hall Student Minds: Student Space Campus biodiversity volunteering Bungee trampolining 6 super simple recipes for new students Canal clean-up volunteering